2. Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of Expert Exchange Services, and to help us personalize and improve your experience;
2.1 Information we collect automatically:
2.2 Information you provide to us:
We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use iDeyPay Services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Expert Exchange Services.
When you use Expert Exchange Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you signup for an Expert Exchange account or use Expert Exchange Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- (a) Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- (b) Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers that you provide when you use Expert Exchange Services.
- (c) Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or BVN you provide during verification process.
We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, your interactions with members of the Expert Exchange corporate family or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole). Additionally, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, Expert Exchange may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with Expert Exchange, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
2.3 Information from other sources:
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as financial institutions and identity verification services.
2.4 Authentication and Fraud Detection:
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about you and your interactions with Expert Exchange Services. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
2.5 Using Mobile Device:
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service network provider or the manufacture of your particular device.
3. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
3.1 Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide Expert Exchange Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- verify your identity, including during signup and password reset processes;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- improve the Expert Exchange Services by customizing your user experience;
- measure the performance of the Expert Exchange Services and improve their content and layout;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our Terms and Conditions Agreement;
3.2. We may contact you via electronic means or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Additionally, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts and promotions, and inform you about Expert Exchange Services and the services of our corporate family. Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
4.1. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize Expert Exchange Services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by logging into your account and going to the Profile & Settings section under My Account and updating your preferences, or by following the directions that may be provided within the communication or advertisement.
5.1 When you access our website or use Expert Exchange Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize Expert Exchange Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety on expertexchange.com.ng and Expert Exchange Services.
5.2 You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our website and Expert Exchange Services.
5.4 Disclaimer of Warranty
The internet is a very complex place. Sometimes, things may not go as expected. We do not give any guarantee or warranty for any service provided. However, we try our best to provide you with a better service at the shortest time possible.
Anything you do on the internet is at your own risk and we’ll not be directly or indirectly responsible for any loss or unpleasant situations that might arise.
6. How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on safe servers. We protect your information to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption.
7. How We Share Personal Information with Other Expert Exchange Users
7.1 When transacting with others, we may provide those parties with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, account ID, contact details, address, or other information needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of the unsuccessful transaction.
7.2 If someone is sending you money and enters your email address or phone number, we will provide them your registered name so they can verify they are sending the money to the correct account.
7.3 Regardless, we will not disclose your bank account number to anyone, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena, or other legal process.
8. How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information with:
- (b) Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Expert Exchange or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our Terms & Conditions Agreement.
- (c) Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
We do hope you enjoy our service and refer others to us.